Affordable Housing & Requirements
Affordable Housing & Requirements In PENANG
2016 Re-branding Affordable Housing in Penang
Penang State Government re-branded low-cost and low-medium-cost houses to affordable housing types A and B. Affordable housing is now categorized based on price point as picture show on your left.
Criteria To Meet For Affordable House In PENANG
- You must be a Malaysia citizen
- You must be a registered voter in Penang and met one of the following criteria:
i) Penang-born working in Penang
ii) Residing in Penang for at least 5 years from the date of application
iii) Bachelor degree holder or diploma with a minimum 2 years work experience (talent & skilled category)
- Aged 21 years and above as at the date of application.
- Total household (husband and wife) income not exceeding RM12,000 per month.
- For Low Cost/Low Medium Cost applications, the applicant and spouse must not own any property in any state in Malaysia
- For Affordable Housing applications, the applicant and spouse must not own any property in any state in Malaysia with the following exception:
(i) The property that the applicant currently owned is a LMC or LC home, or
(ii) The property that the applicant currently owned must be purchased after 2008 and not more than the price of the affordable housing unit intended to be purchased.
- The property that the applicant currently owned is a LMC or LC home, or The property that the applicant currently owned must be purchased after 2008 and not more than the price of the affordable housing unit intended to be purchased.
Open Market Units
In order to stimulate the development of affordable housing, it has also been decided that 30% of the units in any particular 100% affordable housing project may be sold to the open market, with the following condition:
- The units are to be sold at 10% above the controlled price in South West, SPU, SPT and SPS districts.
- The units are to be sold at 20% above the controlled price in North East district.
- The purchaser has to be a registered voter in Penang
- The purchaser can only purchase one such affordable housing unit
- The said unit cannot be sold within 5 years from the date of vacant possession.
Source from: Penangpropertytalk.com
How to apply:
- Online application through website www.lphs.selangor.gov.my
- Applicants are allowed to choose only one type of property during the time of application — Type A, B , C or D.
- Validity period for each application registered in application of registration system (SPPRS) and application of registration system for shops/affordable housing industry (SPPK) is two years. At the end of that period, pending application data will be removed from the system bids and the applicant must make a new offer if they are still interested in applying for ‘Rumah Selangorku’ or the affordable home/shop industry.
- All application statuses can be checked via the LPHS website.
Rumah Selangorku Application Requirements According To “Type”:
Documents to ready:
- A copy of the identity card of the applicant and spouse;
- Copies of identity cards or birth certificates of children/dependents;
- Copy of the Marriage Certificate/Marriage Register/Letter Divorce/Death Certificate of spouse;
- Single Confirmation letter from employer or Commissioner of Oath for self-employed applicants who are not married;
- The latest pay slips or income verification from the Commissioner of Oaths if self-employed;
- Statutory declaration from the Commissioner of Oaths, if the spouse is unemployed;
- EPF statement (if any); and
- A copy of water bill or electricity bill.
You Might Also Interested To Know More:
- 2 Storey Link Terrace at Setia Permai 2- Albida / Eliptica / Cilianta / Villosa, Price from RM66oK (Nego)newpropertyboard2019-04-03T16:16:33+00:00
- 2 Storey Link Terrace (Nodorus) – Corner Unit (RM860K)newpropertyboard2019-04-03T10:09:44+00:00
- Greenfield Residence @ Sunway Mentari, Bandar Sunwaynewpropertyboard2019-03-27T15:44:41+00:00
Property Market Related Articles:
To many, blacklisting caused by CCRIS and CTOS are often the last hurdle in the application of a much-needed loan for businesses or housing. Often misunderstood for rejecting loan applications and backlisting PTPTN defaulters, these two agencies [...]
About Bandar Malaysia Bandar Malaysia is envisioned to be the catalyst for the transformation of Greater Kuala Lumpur. It will be a world-class, master-planned development of the highest standard. Bandar Malaysia will stimulate Malaysia’s future economic [...]